Halloween is fast approaching and, while your human children might love costumes, your fur children definitely do not! Halloween is a terrifying night for many dogs, and not in a festive way. Masks, costumes, doorbells, strangers, and chocolate all are a recipe for disaster.
Keep your pet safe this Halloween by taking some basic precautions:
- Keep your pet inside and in a quiet room with a comforting bed or blanket.
- Play soothing music, such as classical music, to block the sound of doorbells and strangers.
- Don’t wear masks around your pets, it is frightening to them if they can’t see your eyes or your face.
- Keep chocolate out of reach of your pets as it can make them sick.
- Don’t take them trick or treating and don’t dress them in costumes.It might be cute to us, but they prefer to stay home and costume free!
Consider ElleVet Calm & Comfort to keep your pet calm and happy this Halloween! Give 1.5-2 hours before trick-or-treaters arrive and help your dog get through a tough night!